The people at Google have created a list of ten design principles that will guide their work and define what makes their products “Googley“.
1. Focus on people–their lives, their work, their dreams.
2. Every millisecond counts.
3. Simplicity is powerful.
4. Engage beginners and attract experts.
5. Dare to innovate.
6. Design for the world.
7. Plan for today’s and tomorrow’s business.
8. Delight the eye without distracting the mind.
9. Be worthy of people’s trust.
10. Add a human touch.
With a little tweaking, most of this could also be a list of principles that define teaching.
Focus on students – their lives, their work, their dreams.