Washington Post columnist Alexandra Petri has posted her insightful and very funny list/ranking of 100 Christmas songs. With two exceptions (71 and 2), none of her choices are in my collection, to which these fine musical works are being added this year.
All of them should available in your favorite digital store or streaming service. So listen and enjoy.
- Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want to Fight Tonight) – Ramones
- The Big Opening (Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch) – Danny Elfman
- Monster’s Holiday – Bobby “Boris” Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers
- I’m Not Ready for Christmas – Alicia Witt
- Deck the Halls – Walk Off the Earth
- Come On Santa – The Raveonettes
- Fall in Love This Christmas – Dia Frampton
- Mele Kalikimaka – The Monkees
- A Marshmallow World – Walk Off the Earth
- Holiday – Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Zooey Deschanel, James Corden, Ron Funches, Caroline Hjelt, Aino Jawo, Kunal Nayyar, Christopher Mintz-Plasse & The Bergens
- Christmas Is You – Swear And Shake
- Santa’s Messin’ with the Kid – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- The Nice List – Dia Frampton
- Christmas Tree – Zac Brown Band (feat. Sara Bareilles)
- 2000 Miles – The Pretenders
- Making Christmas – The Citizens of Halloween & Danny Elfman
- Auld Lang Syne – The Cast
Photo is of Georgetown as seen from Kennedy Center on the foggy Christmas eve of 2014, and posted to my Flickr account. I have great hopes for Flickr under it’s new, non-corporate owners in the new year.