Although it’s taken me a while to come up with something not deadly dull, here’s my contribution.
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
1. I’m a veteran, if you count serving in the Air Force for three years. After which they decided they had too many of us doing what I was doing and let me go.
2. According to the family legend, a great uncle on my father’s side invented the machine that makes rippled potato chips. If it’s true I never saw any of the money other than the dollar bill he gave to my brothers and I every time we visited his house.
3. Another of my dad’s relatives was Roman Hruska, who served as a senator from Nebraska. He was noted for defending a Nixon nominee to the Supreme Court who had been called a mediocre judge by declaring that the mediocre are “entitled to a little representation, aren’t they?”. I’m so proud.
4. I’ve owned a dozen or so computers in my life and none of them used any version of Windows (or DOS for that matter).
5. The dorm in which I lived for two years in college was in the movie Revenge of the Nerds. In the scene where the jocks throw the nerds out of their dorm (the Ag building in real life), notice the building to the right. That was home sweet home.
6. I went to Princeton, Stanford, and MIT. For one month, one week, and most of a day. All three were great educational experiences I didn’t have to pay for.
7. I attended a different school every year from the third grade on, just one consequence of being a military brat.
8. I have the autographs of William Shatner and Ronald Reagan. I know Shatner’s is real because I watched him sign it. Reagan’s probably came from the White House signature machine.
I’m going to ignore the last two rules since it’s hard to keep track of who has already been tagged. However, if anyone else wants to play along, please do.