As with everything else this year, the annual mix of holiday songs I can actually stand to have in heavy rotation is odder than normal. How else do you get Spinal Tap, Tom Lehrer, Queen, Jeff Goldblum, and The Beach Boys on one list?
Anyway, if you have Apple Music, you can hear everything directly from my shared playlist. If not, all of the tracks are probably available on your favorite streaming service.
Enjoy. And wear your mask.
- It’s Christmastime (Let’s Just Survive) – Kathleen Edwards
- Buon Natale – Nicki Bluhm
- Christmas With the Devil – Spinal Tap
- ¿Dónde Está Santa Claus? – Los Lobos
- Shouldn’t Be Alone For Christmas – The School
- Winter Wonderland – Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra
- Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas – The Staple Singers
- I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus – Gonzo & Fozzie
- Don’t Be a Jerk (It’s Christmas) – SpongeBob SquarePants
- Miracles – Coldplay
- Christmas Comes But Once a Year – Albert King
- Brazilian Sleigh Bells – Ferrante & Teicher
- It’s Christmas Time in Texas – Los Lobos
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
- Thank God It’s Christmas – Queen
- (I’m Spending) Hanukkah in Santa Monica – Tom Lehrer
- Rock and Roll Christmas – George Thorogood & The Destroyers
- Maybe Next Year – Jenny Owen Youngs
- Christmas Tipsy – honeyhoney
- Hang Your Lights – Jamie Cullum
- We Made It To Christmas – Megan Hilty
- The Blizzard – Camera Obscura
- Christmas, Thanks for Nothing – Slow Club
A photo of Minions singing Christmas carols makes as much sense as anything. This is from a display at the Hotel Roanoke from five years ago. Here’s hoping we can go back next year.